We are supplying a limited number of boxes/shares in 2022
Be our pioneers! We’re looking for change makers and food lovers, who want to support ecologically-sound, local farming by buying a box of veg once a week. Simple huh?
We guarantee to bring you the freshest, beyond-organic heritage variety vegetables we can grow, here on the outskirts of Redruth.
We are only planting enough for a small number of customers/members while we master this way of growing. Be one of the first people to support your local regenerative food network by becoming a member to receive your weekly veg box.
As a member of the CSA* you will:
- Pay for the whole season up front, or in instalments.
- Support small-scale, Cornish farming with the smallest carbon footprint possible.
- Enjoy chemical-free, nutritious salad, veg and greens, every week of the growing season.
- Know that your food is grown in a regenerative way that helps the planet and does not pollute it.
- Enjoy veg that is not wrapped in plastic.
- Shape the CSA as a member and have your say in what is grown.
(* CSA = Community Supported Agriculture)
Risk – Free
We have to be honest as new growers – we might make mistakes, and/or have crop failures. Therefore, we guarantee that you will receive a weekly veg box full of locally grown produce, even if we have issues, because we will buy in items from other farms. This means that you will receive your veg no matter what happens.
Buying veg in this way is gaining popularity around the world, because it connects people with their local growers, and the land that surrounds and feeds us.
If you have any queries, please contact us .
Many boxes will vary greatly, but you can look forward to £10 worth (or more) of:
- Lettuce *this may include a varied bag once mains water connection is established*
- Plenty of greens, which would be kale, chard and/or spinach.
- A bunch of roots, like carrots or beetroot, sometimes turnip.
- Super healthy and tasty micro-greens, which can include broccoli shoots, pea-shoots, radish and sunflower shoots.
- Seasonal vegetables like sweetcorn, fennel, green beans and occasional quirky new items.
|Share size||Price per box per week/month/year (50 weekly boxes)||Feeds||Items|
The growing season starts in February, with May being the time to expect first harvests. During the times of year when the garden is mostly dormant, I will source most veg from as close by as I can and buy these in bulk to share among the members. This is to keep the business afloat and to keep the veg coming, supporting a local resilient food system and cutting out the supermarkets.
Delivery for members is possible. There will be a small cost of £1.50 if it is to your door (unless you live within half a mile). There will be free pickup points available (TBC).